Saturday, July 26, 2008

Learning to Move

I journal nearly every day, but entering the blogosphere seems like entering a foreign world.

Almost like when I got off the airplane in Korea.
As soon as the plane landed, I panicked. I started praying, "God, what was I thinking? I can't do this!"
People like me don't go to Korea.

And yet, there I was in Korea. For two full weeks. Eating kimchee and jellyfish and squid. I had never even had sushi before that.

For 43 years I lived in the "someday" realm. Someday I will write books. Someday I will go back to school for a Master's. Someday I will travel to Europe and beyond.

Someday.
Someday started the day I signed up to go to Cameroon on a mission trip.

Then God's word to me was, "Jump!"
Do the thing you have always wanted to do. Don't worry about the consequences. Just do it.
Now I have been to Cameroon in Africa two times. I have been to Paris, to Nairobi, and to Korea.

God's word to me now is a little different.
He is saying, "Move."
Step out in faith and move.

Moving is a little different than jumping.
When you jump, you get where you are going pretty quickly.
When you are moving, it's all about the journey.
I am on a journey, learning to move into areas where God has asked me to go for years.

I am going back to school in September.
I am committed to writing.
I am committed to moving.

Blessed are those whose strength is in you, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.

Psalm 84:5

1 comment:

K. Flewelling said...

I love beginning-blog posts. They are so inspiring. The fact that you've kept this up for 124 entries is even moreso.