Monday, December 28, 2009

Reading through the Bible

I don't know how long it's been since I read through the entire Bible. I think I've done it in the past, but maybe never. I'm pretty sure I've read every book at least once, but in the Old Testament maybe not.

So sometime last fall I decided to read the Book, starting in Genesis. I have been journaling some of my thoughts. Who knew there was so much good stuff in Numbers?! About that time, I began wishing that I had been putting my reflections into a blog.

In retrospect, I should have gone ahead and started doing that right away, but I decided not to because then any reflections would have been incomplete. And if I started blogging and then added the thoughts from earlier journal entries, those thoughts would be out of order, and out of order seems so wrong. So I kept journaling and reading along.

I'm in 2 Kings now.
Every book, every chapter speaks to me.
I just want to record those thoughts so I can find them again.
Maybe I'll go back and find the stuff I wrote before, but maybe not. The way my schedule has been lately, I doubt it.

No comments: