Friday, September 3, 2010

September 3, 2010 - A new school year

I started school on Tuesday.
Well, I really started on Monday night.  Yes, I have a class from 7:00 to 10:00 at SDSU.  It's the only class I can take, and so I'm sitting in a desk taking notes at time I would prefer to be sleeping.  And yes, I did this all last year on Monday evenings for School of Ministry.

But I digress.
It didn't feel like I started school until I walked into my own classroom.  And I wondered what it would be like, would I be nervous, would I know what to do, would I make sense . . .
And it was wonderful.

I love teaching.  I love lesson planning.
I signed up for another class, Tuesdays and Thursdays, but I dropped it.  Teaching Writing to Secondary Students.  I walked into the classroom and just felt a knot in the pit of my stomach.  I don't need the class.

It's time to focus on teaching and writing.  Finishing the thesis so I can finish my degree.  So I can teach and write some more.

Focus.  Focus.
A difficult thing to do for someone who wants to know everything.

No comments: