Sunday, October 3, 2010

Did you ever have one of those mornings?

Okay.  I just walked downstairs, and Duane asked, "What's wrong?"  I think I scared him because he was completely silent when I told him the story.

Apparently I have reached the point in the semester that I feel like I have too much to do because even the little things are starting to annoy me.

For example, it took forever to get the conditioner out of my hair this morning.  And after 15 minutes of blow drying the hair, it's still very wet underneath.  And when I started to walk out of the bedroom to come downstairs and write about God's love, I turned off the light.  And then I saw there was another light and so I turned that one off.  And then I saw the ceiling fan light was on, and I didn't want to climb on the bed and turn that off so I just flipped it off on the switch, which means that the fan went off too and our bedroom will get warm.  And then I saw that the lighted makeup mirror light was on.  That's when I groaned loudly, a sound that apparently instilled fear in Duane.  I turned that one off too.

It's not just lights and hair.  It's pretty much everything.  When I walked downstairs to make coffee, the counter was covered with ants, and so I had to put all the dishes away in order to spray the counter.  And when I finished medical reports for one of my jobs, I realized I hadn't changed the dates on any of the templates and so I have to go back and fix them all.

And then I'll mark 20 more student papers and write a paper of my own and fix lunch for my family and get to church by 8:30 this morning.

And I'm wondering if I'm the only one who has mornings like this.  It's sort of silly, really.  I know everything's fine.  I'll finish on time.  Sort of.  And God still loves me.  And I don't feel like I'm wasting time.

I'm just frustrated.  I think it might be better to think about God's love.

No comments: