Monday, April 12, 2010

Be a Branch

I was talking to Nallely on Friday, about my trip to New York, about the presentation, and what I learned.

The whole experience was terrifying. I was so scared I couldn't even look at my research until the very last minute, and I didn't really understand what I was afraid of.

On Thursday, about an hour before my presentation, I realized what it was.

I was afraid that I would stand up in front of all these people from Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Berkley--and all my words, all my ideas, would just sound stupid.

That was it.

Wow.
And then, God spoke to me.
"Just be a branch."

Yes, profound words from John 15, which I had read in the morning.
"I am the vine, you are the branches."
"Remain in me, and I will remain in you."
"Remain in my words . . ."
"If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bear much fruit . . ."

Yes, be a branch.
As long as I'm connected to the vine--Jesus-he is responsible for the fruit. Not me.
And fruit is more important than "smartness"--or lack of it.

Yes.
I want to be a branch.
I am a branch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I want to be a branch too!!