Monday, April 26, 2010

Joshua 13-15: Fifty Years Old!

"When Joshua was old and well advanced in years, the Lord said to him, 'You are very old, and there are still very large areas of land to be taken over.'"

This is the passage I read on my birthday, the day I turned fifty. (Rather significant, I think.) Not that fifty is old or anything, but it's safe to say that, unless I live to be over one hundred, more than half my life has passed. And while I'm not afraid of death, that's just an odd thought.

So I love that Joshua is old, and God still has more plans for him.

See, age doesn't matter with God.
He just wants us to be willing to listen and obey.

Yes, I am fifty years old, and God has more plans for me. There are "still very large areas of land to be taken over."

So the question isn't how old am I, or how old are you, but are we willing to be part of God's plans to move forward?

No comments: