Monday, March 29, 2010

John 1-3: The Word

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

I love this verse. The parallel to Genesis 1:1 is beautiful and connects the Old and New Testaments.

More than that, I love words. I love the power of words. And I love that Jesus is known as "The Word."

Words are symbols or signs representing ideas or thoughts.
And Jesus is the representation of all that is true.
He is the foundation.
He is.

Words are the way we demonstrate understanding.
And knowing Jesus sheds light on all kinds of situations.
Jesus is the "true light that gives light to every person" (1:9)

We hear words.
We see words.
We know--because of words.

We know because of Jesus.

And once again, I return to the words of Paul in Philippians, who said, "I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Jesus my Lord, for whose said I have lost all things" (3:7.

I want to know Jesus.

No comments: