Sunday, August 1, 2010

"Our Turkey"

Sometimes I get so distracted by my own issues that I forget how "light and momentary" they really are.  I think I'm a bit of a narcissist.  Most of us are.

I got a Facebook note from Jenny Sevy, my niece, a week ago.  She referred me to a blog and asked me to pray.  I looked at it right away, prayed, and then forgot about it.  Jenny mentioned that I'm tenderhearted, and I suppose that's true for the most part, but I've been pretty self-absorbed lately.

I've been spending a lot of time in the Bible the last couple of days, praying, writing, focusing on God.  That's always a good antidote for self-absorption.  And this morning God brought Jenny and her blog suggestion back to mind.

In Our Turkey , Christa, a young mom, writes about her four-year-old daughter's battle with stage four neuroblastoma and her own struggle with the illness.  Katelynn is in the hospital right now, and if God doesn't intervene, she doesn't have a lot of time left.

I read several of the most recent posts, and I can hear Christa's voice, her questions, her hope in God.  If you think about her today, or over the next several days, please pray for Christa and for Katelynn and for the whole family.

Thanks, Jenny.

No comments: