Monday, June 14, 2010

2 Corinthians 4: Light and Momentary Troubles

I'm trying to get caught up, but verses keep standing out to me, and I don't want to miss a chance to reflect on them.

Sometimes I get super bogged down in circumstances.
Sometimes I feel like nothing will ever change.
That I will be stuck in sadness.
That God wants me to grow through adversity for the rest of my life.

I mean, I forget that life is short, God is love, and "all things work together for good."

I forget to consider my trials as "pure joy" because they develop perseverance, maturity, and completeness. (James 1)

I forget that these refine my faith and bring glory to God. (1 Peter 1)

I want to say, with Paul, that I do not lose heart.

I want to say with confidence that although I am outwardly "wasting away," inwardly I am "being renewed day by day."

I want to remember that my problems are "light and momentary troubles" that "are achieving . . . an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." (4:16-17)

Don't you love that? Light and momentary troubles.
Life is short. Eternity is long.

I want to fix my eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.
"For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howdy! This article couldn't be written much better! Reading through this poist reminds mee of my previous roommate!
He constanly kept talking about this. I aam
going to forward this article to him. Pretty sure he'll have a very goood read.

Thank you ffor sharing!