Sunday, June 27, 2010

Colossians 1: Living with God's Energy

I looked forward to writing about Colossians, and I thought a lot about which parts I would blog about. But I decided to read it again anyways and let the Holy Spirit speak to me through this book. There's a danger, I think, with skimming over familiar sections of the Bible, not opening my heart to hear God's voice in fresh ways.

This has been a difficult week. I've been facing fears, not really understanding them, and definitely not allowing God to give me strength to venture into new territories.

And so as I read Colossians 1:28-29, I saw something new. Paul says, "To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy . . ."

And I thought, am I struggling with God's energy? Or am I struggling with my own?

When my fears govern me, I have no strength, no energy. When I surrender my fears to God, he gives me new energy and strength.

I need to add, this is not the main point of the passage; however, it does remind me of God's truth.

No comments: